<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/2234518762663230821?origin\x3dhttp://nvm-me.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Photobucket
Photobucket ♥Working life ain't fun but it helps someone to grow faster.

♥ Let's Chit Chat



♥Thanks to You!

Bituwin

Monday, April 27, 2009
It's Gloomy Today!

Since I arrived, there was never a day when the sun did not shine brightly.

Today, it seemed to be gloomy. Coincidentally, I am a bit down too. But I am very sure it is not because of the weather. I am missing my friends dearly. And all the uncertainties are hunting my again. And, it had to be so FREAKING COLD NOW as I type.

Seeing my sister hanging out with her friends made me miss my times with my friends back in Malaysia.

***

Friday was the first time I went out of my comfortable hiding place aka my sister's place. It was a really good idea for her to invite me to have lunch with her. Because, it simply "forced" me to leave the house.

In Malaysia, and as Malaysian, we stay away from the sun. I remember many years back, when we played basketball, we usually chose the shaded side of the court. When we walk around SS2, we avoid the sun by walking inside the walk way.

BUT, in London, that seemed to be wrong. People are just obsessed over the sun. And it amuses me so much. Let me try a scenario..... When you pass by Dataran Merdeka, of course it would be empty, regardless of the weather. If London has such area, I am very sure that "Dataran Merdeka" will be filled with people, as many as those we see in concerts (maybe not that many), when the sun shines brightly. That's not the main point!! These people are people wearing coats and full suites. Haha. Now that, we can never see in Malaysia.

I was so tempted to take a picture of these people sitting under the sun for lunch but it would be rather weird. But I had the opportunity to snap the location the next day. Of course, it's a Saturday, surely the place will be empty.

So, imagine those people, gathering around this area having their lunch. Now, that is hilarious.


My sister's office - Deloitte.


I played basketball on Saturday! After such a long long time.

Finally met my sister's friends. She has been telling me about this routine of hers every Saturday where she hangs out with this bunch of people and play basketball. To be honest, I was really worried and scared. Thank God, I managed to drag myself there and walked out of my comfort zone. Very nice people indeed. I even had dinner with them that night. And my sister left me after dinner for her own party where I was trapped in between going home or joining the rest in their ice-cream session.

I was really firm in going home actually. Felt weird without my sister there. But, I was once again "forced" to join in because a very kind friend of hers offered to send me home, being worried I will lose my way, especially when it is dark already. If I insist on going home, wouldn't it be mean to the kind guy who wishes to join his friends? And, I'm glad I went.

I guess, just Saturday itself, I did many things I do not usually do. The learning process actually starts with all the minor little things. It's scary, but comforting at the same time. At least I'm learning.

Yesterday (Sunday), there was this London Marathon going on. Apparently it was a huge event. Nope, I did not go for it even though it was just outside because it was simply so packed with people. Even pasar malam makes me so uncomfortable, what more this huge crowd?

At night, after the crowd dispersed, I went out with my sister and her friend.

We walked from Tower Hills all the way to London Eye. Hmm, I didn't count the time we took but it was surely a long and tiring walk, considering the fact that the journey led us to a very late dinner (9 p.m.).

At least now I know where and how to walk around these familiar places. =)

Can you believe it was already 8 something as we take this picture? The picture came out less bright compared to the real condition. Long long London days.


It's still very gloomy outside. But I am feeling better now. Plumber came and left. So, time to clean up the house. Till then.....