![]() |
|
♥Working life ain't fun but it helps someone to grow faster. ♥ Let's Chit Chat
My Memories ♥
June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 March 2010 April 2010 August 2010 April 2011 ♥Thanks to You!
|
Monday, May 11, 2009
Scary Market & GBK
It's a weekend again! But it might be the last weekend outing until sister finishes her exams.
We went to a market, which was the one she took us to 2 years back when I was visiting with Vern Chui. I remembered the place but it did change quite a bit. I did not take any picture of the market yesterday so there would not be any comparison. But this time, we to another "market area" as well, nearby. Oh no, I forgot the name of the street! Anyways, the people here are really different than the ones you see in town. They are more like the Hip-Hop gang. I even associated them with US people - a whole different culture compared to UK people. And it was crowded (I hate crowds), not those Pasar Malam crowd but those scarier crowd. Like Petaling Street? Just walking down that whole street, we saw more than 4 police patrolling. And it was not even 5 in the evening yet. So, that actually showed us how the complicated this place would turn to when people start getting drunk later of the day. People were sitting on the roads, by the roads and anywhere around, drinking beers. They acted less conservative than the ones you see in town. It sure was interesting but scary at the same time. So, we walked back to the first market and settled for GBK for dinner instead. GBK stands for Gourmet Burger Kitchen. It is a place where my sister had been wanting to take me when we had our Nandos 2 weeks back. The burgers were huge! Even the Milk Shake was large! It was the full-lest meal I ever had since I got here. I didn't even feel like eating breakfast this morning! Sister was amazed with how well I cut the burger considering hers being... erm, let's have the picture explaining it for me. I haven't tasted Carl's Jr yet so I'm not sure about the size differences but this burger was really yummy and huge. This post has less content because I don't know what else and how else to express. I have other things in mind which seemed to be interrupting my train of thoughts. Let's hope I can rearrange my mind and share it real soon. |