![]() |
|
♥Working life ain't fun but it helps someone to grow faster. ♥ Let's Chit Chat
My Memories ♥
June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 March 2010 April 2010 August 2010 April 2011 ♥Thanks to You!
|
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Manchester. Sheffield. Liverpool.
Arrived in Manchester on 11th June early afternoon. It was really exciting to see Shaw Pei walking towards me. That was the beginning of the 6 wonderful days.
Because of my cravings for bubble tea, she took me for a drink after our sushi lunch. According to her friend, Elaine and herself, Manchester is really like heaven for Asian food. Then, we went around the city in Manchester for a short tour. Town hall, Manchester Eye, Shopping malls. June 12th. We went further away from Manchester City. We went to Old Trafford, where Manchester United is located. Mike said I should go for the Stadium tour and that happened to be Shaw Pei's plan as well. My student card was actually usable because I had the student price. We went in the museum first before going for the tour. This was so fun and exciting. I got to know a little bit more about Man U (before this, I had no idea about this club losing almost their whole team in a plane crash), and I get to enter into the changing rooms of the players. June 14: Sheffield. Because of the very fun and exciting yet tiring day trip to Sheffield, we were quite mood-less when we arrived at Liverpool on the following day. We were lack of sleep and the thought of walking the whole day just put us off but we simply just dragged ourselves everywhere we could. Liverpool was not as exciting because we were on our own without any tour guide. We were also not meeting anyone here. Plus, there wasn't much to see here and we spent a lot of time waiting for the train to go back to Manchester. That was also very tiring. But, we did meet See Yun out of no where while finding our way to one of the Cathedrals. Small world! After returning from Liverpool, I only had about 2 more days left in Manchester. We spent the last 2 days relaxing. We went to the Manchester Museum, walked around Manchester University, which is also very scattered away. I don't really complain about Help now because all universities I visited so far are as scattered as Help, or maybe worst. During the last night, we met up with Shaw Pei's another friend, Jack. Why would I even care mentioning him is because the world is so small that he happens to be my cousin's best friend. My cousin even called my mother to ask where am I when Jack told him he met me in Manchester. Hilarious. My stay ended yesterday evening where I sat in the train, given the opportunity to see a little bit of the sun setting. It was a very beautiful scenery. This time, every where I go via train, I made sure I am awake to look out of the window. And I am glad I did. Shaw Pei made my trip so memorable and exciting. Thank you so much girl! Next, I need to rest and prepare for my long Scotland trip! |