![]() |
|
♥Working life ain't fun but it helps someone to grow faster. ♥ Let's Chit Chat
My Memories ♥
June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 March 2010 April 2010 August 2010 April 2011 ♥Thanks to You!
|
Friday, June 5, 2009
The Next Meal
So, yesterday, I promised the stressed-busy-coming home for dinner sister to cook her meal at night. She requested for fish, salmon, to be more precise.
There were so many types of salmon in the supermarket - smoked, smoked sliced, normal salmon....... And when I was thinking of what else to cook, fried rice popped in my mind. So, I decided, fried rice and salmon with potatoes. Buying the ingredients wasn't that hard. I had HS with me at that time. But preparing it was a bit hard. I researched online on how to cook and even tempted to call my mother for help. Maybe she kinda felt me "screaming for help", she called, even though it was for a whole different matter. So, I had the opportunity to ask her how to cook. After researching and some tips from the mother, I was more confident. I started with fried rice first. There were so many other steps in preparing the rice, according to the website. But mother mentioned that all I have to do with the rice is to cook it with the rice cooker and cool it. So I did. But I used the website way in frying it! So, the fried rice was not very successful. It turned out to be sticky and starchy. Because I added to much ingredients, I didn't cook the salmon in the end. Both of my poor stress-facing exams audiences gave me a pass, saying that the food was ok. Poor them, always have to be the "white rats", in tasting all my experimenting cooking skills. I am really learning how to cook here! Finally! |