Summertime Ball
Occasion: 95.8 Capital FM Summertime Ball
Venue: London's Emirates Stadium (Arsenal Stadium!)
Date & Time: 7th July 2009 a 4p.m.
Artists: Many interesting ones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



It was a unplanned event. The sister asked me if I was interested in going for a concert. I am a Chinese song listener so it would be rather weird for me to go for an English concert in London. But, it's an experience after all, so I said yes to the offer. How can I reject for people like Kelly Clarkson, Akon, Leona Lewis??? I am not that jakun after all. =)


And besides, I will be stepping foot into Arsenal's Stadium. Why not? And really, I do not regret it because, boy, it's really a whole nice and different experience!



My ticket was a seat ticket, so, I didn't have any problem at all regarding the crowds. Imagine if I have to stand in that crowd in the picture, I will surely go crazy! Haha. So scary!


But, the crowd was crazy over Enrique Iglesias. Guess why? Because he will pick a girl from the crowd (making sure she's above 18 years old), and sing Hero to her. That's not it, he will hug her, touch her heart (from my angle, her boobs), and.... kiss her on the lips!!!!!!!


The weather forecast expected rain. And yes, it was really gloomy. But the moment Katy Perry came out (as the opening artist), the sun came out. Very bright and shinny! Then, it started to rain for a while. Summertime ball huh? LOL



I was particularly quite excited for Akon, because my Wilber Pan had a duet with him in his latest album. So I was really hoping for him to sing that song "Be With You". But he didn't. How sad.



We suspected many of the artists, especially those with dancing, to be lip-synching because, it was pretty obvious. The mic wasn't really working when they were talking. And, it was impossible to have perfect vocals during the stunts performed.


But, the non-dancing singers were impressive - Leona Lewis and Kelly Clackson. I really love Leona Lewis with her sweet voice.




The major difference between this concert and the ones I attend back home (mainly chinese) is that the people here seemed to know every single song sang by all the different artist and they really do sing along, loudly. And, they will dance along with the song and be very responsive.



However, back home, if it was a concert with many artist (those count down ones), only the more famous ones will get the response.


Apparently, Blue reformed again after 4 years. They haven't been performing together for 4 years and reunited just for this concert. But, we left right after the first song, so that we won't have to squeeze with the rest of the people in the tube station.


Haha, great minds think alike. Many people did that too. Many actually left right after Kelly Clarkson sang and right before Blue took over the stage. How sad.

Thanks sister, for this great experience. Although I don't know many songs performed, but I had a great time just indulging in the rhythm and screaming for no reason.
Summer is coming soon!