![]() |
|
♥Working life ain't fun but it helps someone to grow faster. ♥ Let's Chit Chat
My Memories ♥
June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 March 2010 April 2010 August 2010 April 2011 ♥Thanks to You!
|
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
The Highlights in Scotland
I have returned from Glasgow, Scotland on Monday night. And I came back with flu, sore throat and cough because of a cycling trip last Wednesday. It actually started off just with a sore throat. The sick host, Huey Shean might have pass some germs to me while my germs was pass on to her as well because at the end of the week, we both had each other's symtoms. Lol. Anyways, 9 days in Scotland will not be easily shared with just one post. Because, I have many fun and exciting stories to share for 3 particular mini trips we had. Day 1 - Arrival A very tiring train trip as I hardly slept the day before. I was a bit emotional and I came back late from a small gathering with Shaw Pei, Vyen and Jia Pin. Chatted with my dad a while for distraction and mummy told me sleep early because the train journey there would be filled with beautiful scenary. I tried my best to stay awake on the train but I failed badly. I slept almost the whole journey in a very uncomfortable position. Hence, tired out the moment I step into the city of Glasgow. Huey Shean and I did a little bit of grocery shopping for dinner. Between her house and the shop, we would pass by some of her university buildings. That was when I got some introduction of the town. Day 2 - Scotland and The Secret of Edinburgh Next day, we took a train down to Edinburgh. I love everything about the old part of the city. I love the buildings. I love the roads. I love the stories. I heart the scenary. Everything here amazes me so much. And finally, I got my red phone booth photo shot! Day 3 - Rest day 1 Huey Shean was not feeling very well because of her 12 hectic days of Europe tour. So we decided to relax and stay home. We went for dinner at a bar, which was not the plan because she wanted to eat pastas at first. We entered the wrong place and ended up in a bar. She ordered a pear cider, which has about 4 percent of alcohol in it. I wasn't really interested in it but because the bottle was enough for two people, and because she was sick, I had to drink down my share. I got used to the taste after half a cup but it took me ages to finish the glass. On the positive note, I'm starting to learn to drink. =) We went cycling! In Millport. We actually cycled the whole island, the main purpose of this trip. The scenary was beautiful. Everywhere we turn, we see mountains and sea. Day 5 - Rest day 2 If we took a rest from Edinburgh trip, why wouldn't we after cycling for a whole day? So, another relaxing day again. But this time, we relaxed in University of Glasgow, which required us to take a subway there. The subway was so small compared to the underground in London. And, they only have one price for any destination. That is how small the subway is! Day 6 - Scotland and The Order of Loch Ness with All the Highlands A day tour to the highlands in Scotland was really the best decision made. Although we spent most of our time on the bus, it was worth it. The scenary was so beautiful. It's actually comparable, or maybe even better than the one I saw in Bali! And I ate my fish and chips! Finally..... Huey Shean's parents arrived in Glasgow International aiport on Saturday afternoon. They were greeted with the excited and happy little girl of theirs and her mother was so happy because they haven't seen each other for about a year. They made me miss my daddy and mummy too! Her parents were so nice. I joined them wherever they go and was treated with greal meals from Chinese restaurants in Glasgow. And spending time with her parents really really made me miss my parents. I used to take for granted for being at home but now I realized, how important they are to me (Daddy, you should have tears in your eyes while reading this hor! =) I miss you and mummy!). Day 9 - The Graduation Day Got up at 9 in the morning. Huey Shean was so nervous about this day. We even joked about how she would act when it's actully her wedding day. But who wouldn't be on their graduation day right? She was so pretty with her make up and hair done (I did her hair!) but the wind was so cruel that by the time it was noon, her hair was not as nice anymore. It was really hot this day, not very suitable for graduates to be wearing their robes walking around the university. And I was so happy to finally see Su Vyen! She was practially running towards me when she saw me. So cute. Congratulations to both of them. Finally... graduated from the crazy course! Lol. On another unrelated and surprise encounter on this day, I actually met my long lost friend (those were the exact words he used!) outside the hall where the convocation was held. I was actually doubtful that it was him. Well, the world is that small. *** So, by now, if anyone has actually noticed, there are 3 titles that are particularly based on Harry Potter's titles (took me quite a while to link it to Harry Potter but I think I failed.. haha) which I will share more in detail in the near future. More pictures actually because there are too many and I don't want to flood this entry! To Huey Shean, Just want to thank you so much for this wonderful trip. It was awesome and I really had a great time. I don't think we will have any more opportunities like this in the future but I am sure we can take more short trips! Thanks a lot and hope your plan in July will worked out! Huggies.... |